Short Trip


March 18th 2009

Friday it was around 50 degrees and sunny so I had to get my bike out and take her for a ride. I also wired up the power cable and installed the RAM mount for my GPS so I wanted to test this out as well. I plotted out a quick route on Mapsource and uploaded it to my Garmin so I could test out some of the GPS capabilities. I am very excited about being able to embed the lat/long coordinates to my pictures so that you can see exactly where the pictures were taken. The program I am using is called Geosetter and it pairs up the tracks that are recorded from my ride to the pictures that I have taken. What an outstanding program! This is really going to come in handy over the years as the trips get longer and longer. It will also help me remember where pictures were taken after I forget as I usually take hundreds of pictures whenever I ride...

I found out that the leather gloves I have do not work very well in 50 degree weather and after an hour or so, my hands were frozen. These gloves were from Fox Creek Leather and they are the Deluxe Lined Deerskin Gauntlet gloves. I definitely like the fit and comfort of these and the quality is top notch, but I have also purchased a pair of Gerbing G3 gloves to use on the chilly days. These should be arriving this week along with the permanent dual temp controller so I can "dial" in my comfort level.

I picked up the dual controller because I also have the Gerbing jacket liner. Now I have to figure out where I am going to mount these so they are accessible while riding. I cannot wait to get this gear hooked up and tested out. I will soon be able to ride until the snow flies! The heated gear will also be a great asset as I am planning a trip to Alaska in the next couple years.

Back to the short trip... I love taking these rides and discovering new roads that turn out to be a blast to ride! Friday's ride led me to a road that is only a few miles away, yet I had never ridden it before. It was a welcome surprise on the way back to my house as the curves and hills really made for a fun cruise. The scenery was quite nice as well, mostly wooded with some lakes and nice houses mixed in.

All of this warmer weather is getting me real excited to ride more! I am looking forward to a weekend trip so that I can test out my camping gear.

ROUTE CLICKY

PICTURE CLICKY

No comments:

Post a Comment